lunes, 18 de julio de 2011

My tiny little friend..

Friendship is not about knowing someone for a long time ago; friendship is more about trusting someone, knowing you can support that person and just knowing they´ll be with you every time you need them. 

With that little description about what friendship means to me I can talk about my best friend, my tiny little friend. We met 2 years ago for Semana Santa, it was a Thursday night like around 7:30 and I was at a friend’s house in Escuintla. We were hanging out, beside the pool, I was painting my nails with this strong pink nail polish and I remember the weather was pretty heavy, the air felt very wet and it smelled like sandy and salty, the moon was very shiny that night and the stars were a lot of tiny little dots in the sky.  I saw this car coming over then I thought “please God let it be a handsome, sexy guy coming here”, but this was just a dream, then I saw these little two boys coming out the car. So I say to myself “common Michelle this can’t be true! I mean maybe someone else is coming with them, if not, well, you would stay with your sister.” My first impression was he pretending to be someone popular and being too selfish and annoying. Physically he wasn’t attractive; he was a lot smaller than me, that’s why I call him my tiny little friend; skinny, almost like me; black, long hair, nothing extraordinary; green eyes, I lately discover that; nice smell, a delicious, fresh, a little acid lotion, it smelled like 212 Carolina Herrera men.  
   
That day we didn’t actually talk, we just present each other and well he talked to me and I was ignoring him, well actually I still do that but getting back to that day, I felt annoyed because he talked a lot and I know I love talking and I can’t be too much time without talking but he is worst, really I never knew someone like him. He was just talking about himself and I don’t even remember when I accepted talking to him. The next day he talked to me at the pool and I was bored so I felt like being nice with him knowing I didn’t have something else to do. We were talking when her mom played some music so I began to sing and he laughed every song they played that day, I knew it so I sing the whole day. So he told me your nickname will be “fresamuca” some idioms “fresa” meaning I’m pompous and “muca” meaning the type of person that likes and listens music not everyone likes because is very meaningless.  With this nickname our friendship began.

I came back to Guatemala that day and he called me like an hour after I left, and he told me that he missed me and I told him “Hey look I don’t know if you really thought about being more than friends or what but I just want to be your friend”.  We kept talking a lot after that but I think he didn’t felt comfortable with the answer I gave him. We then had a fight I don’t remember why but we didn’t talk for 2 or 3 months and one day he called me and I was shocked because I thought “why is he calling? Did he got what I told him?” He didn’t. He kept telling me I was very cute, and I meant a lot to him, and that I was very special and that he liked me because of how I was with him. Once again I told him I wasn’t interested on being more than her friend. That day I remember about the first impression I got from him and a thought I did get the right impression from him and that he really was like I thought he was. Time passed and we talked a lot, he called me at least three times a week and I realized I was wrong and that he was different of how I thought he was.

We became very close friends and he told me almost everything, also do I. I remember once he called me crying, his parents were fighting and he didn’t knew what to do, he was feeling extremely bad, I think this specific event our friendship became one of the most important friendships in my life. Now we have been friends for almost 2 years and I know him even more than his mom, and that’s a fact, she calls me for advice when she doesn’t know what to do with him or what to tell him things or even to punish him she calls me and ask what do I think is best.

Now that I know him a lot more I know that my first impression wasn’t that wrong, he is kind of egocentric, a little selfish and he really knows how to annoy me; but he also is confident, he knows each of my problems; he is always asking how is it going and is very rare when we fight and we don’t talk to each other for more than two days. He knows almost my whole life with every little detail and when I have a problem he is also there for me trying to help me, supporting me and sometimes showing me that I’m important to him and that doesn’t matter what happens he will always be by my side telling me how important I’m in his life.

Sometimes people ask me how can I be so patient with him and how can I tolerate him, truth is he is my best friend, and sometimes I can't stand him but even with all his strange reactions I love him, he is very special with me and he just became a very important person in my life. He just change a lot, and I like that change because he changed in a good way, and most of the problems he had with his parents were because of all this things he just changed, I'm really happy I can be part of this change, because I played an important role in those changes, changes that will change his life completely, changes that he will be greatfull for the rest of his life.

Sometimes we judge people when we just met them and we don’t even try to discover how that person is, and I had discovered that people change a lot and when you now someone you just get this little part of them and sometimes people changes the way they act with you when they really get to know you. Sometimes these annoying strangers you met become your closer friends, even your best friends, and also people you think might be your best friends become your worst enemies.  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario